- Q1 What kind of warranty does Alcatel offer on its products?
Alcatel offers a limited warranty in most countries covering certain types of repairs for most new products. The phone is guaranteed against any deviation from technical specifications for a period of twelve (12) months from the date specified on your proof of purchase.
The warranty terms definition also applies to the battery and accessories but for a period of six (6) months from the date of purchase shown on your proof of purchase.
For more information on countries, please visit Alcatel website or Alcatel service centers. You can find service centers addresses and contact information from Alcatel Website as below address:
- Q2 What is not covered by the Limited Warranty?
The Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included or downloaded in the product, whether included during installment, assembly, shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by the end user.
In addition the Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Product's serial number, the mobile accessory date code or the IMEI number has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be excluded from the warranty.
- Defects or damage caused by misuse of the product. Including not following the instructions for use or installation
- Malfunctions caused by external causes (e.g., radio interference from other equipment, power voltage fluctuations).
- Defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory, software and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by Alcatel or was used otherwise than for its intended use.
- Defects caused by the fact that the battery has been short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
- Faulty connections resulting from unsatisfactory radio transmission or caused by the absence of radio relay coverage;
- If the Product has been opened, modified or repaired by anyone other than an authorized service center, if it is repaired using unauthorized spare parts.
- If the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.
- Q3 Where can I find a authorized Alcatel service center and what do I need to bring with me?
In order to get the repair or service covered by the Limited Warranty, please bring the product together with proof of purchase to a service center authorized Alcatel said within a period of time under warranty.
You can find the addresses of service centers and contact information from Alcatel Website as below address:
- Q4 Is there any free Warranty for my purchased handset? For example, if there any warranty card inside the box?
We provide maintenance and repair services for Alcatel products with the AlcatelCare waranty label. You can bring the product together with an authorized receipt issued by a local network service provider /Alcatel dealer to any Alcatel Service Centre to take advantage of the one-year warranty. This warranty does not cover damage caused accidentally, intentionally or by water.
- Q5 How long does the battery warranty last?
The battery warranty will last for six months starting from the purchase date.
- Q6 Does repairing my Alcatel product extend the warranty?
As far as the national laws permit, repairing the product does not extend or affect the warranty period. However, part(s) repaired or replacement product(s) provided during the warranty period will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or for sixty (60) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.